TITLE: Events Assistant
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
GOPAC is the leading Republican organization dedicated to educating, electing and advancing the next generation of Republican leaders. Founded in 1978 by Delaware Governor Pete du Pont, GOPAC grew within its first decade to be one of the nation’s largest and most influential partisan political action committees. Today, under the leadership of David Avella, GOPAC continues to be a force in American politics as it ensures a healthy roster of prepared and tested state leaders are ready to lead in their legislatures and/or run for higher office. Further information can be found at www.GOPAC.org.
Position Scope and Responsibilities
The Events Assistant is an entry-level position reporting directly to the Events Manager, under the direction of the Executive Director. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Event Management and Administration:
- Responsible for assisting the Events Manager in formulation and fulfillment for all summits, conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Work with the Events Manager to monitor timelines and deadlines related to all aspects of events, ensuring the information is communicated with staff, volunteers, contractors and other constituents.
- Assist in development of programming for events including speakers, topics and timing and communicate with speakers regarding their commitment to the event and their needs related to attending the event (i.e. A/V, travel, reimbursement, handouts, bios, video release forms, etc.).
- Maintain database and registration documents to assure accurate registration data, name badges (and ribbons), counts for specific events, etc.
- Assist in arranging travel and lodging logistics for event attendees
- Assist in follow-up to the events such as thank-you letters to speakers, vendors, sponsors, volunteers, etc., as needed, as directed by the Events Manager.
- Prepare packaging and shipping of materials needed for events and ensure their prompt arrival.
- Work with appropriate staff to evaluate all events.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years working experience.
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of word processing, and spreadsheet programs and general familiarity with database programs.
- Experience in conference planning or special events a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required.
GOPAC offers a competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No Phone Calls.