TITLE: Finance Assistant
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
GOPAC is the Republican Party’s premier center for educating and electing a new generation of Republican leaders. It’s a force in American politics as it ensures a healthy roster of prepared and tested state leaders are ready to lead in their legislatures and/or run for higher office.
Position Scope and Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant is categorized by the organization as an entry-level, full time employee. Full time employees are salaried staff members who are expected to fulfill duties of their position regardless of the hours worked. The Finance Assistant, under the direction of the Finance Director, assists with the overall execution of the organization’s fundraising programs (both individual and corporate donors). Primary responsibilities include event planning, donor data management and overall administrative assistance to the finance team. Specific duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and analyze donor and prospective member data to identify appropriate targets for GOPAC engagement
- Manage the receipt of member contributions including the maintenance of databases (Crimson and iDONATEpro)
- Manage donor fulfillment and recognition
- Assist in preparing materials to support events and/or donor meetings
- Assist in managing senior staff and principals’ fundraising travel, meetings and calls. Includes staffing when appropriate
- Will work closely with digital consultants and online vendors to build GOPAC’S digital fundraising program, which includes regular email and social media appeals.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as a member of a team
- Capacity to understand complex and unfamiliar subjects
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of word processing, Excel and general familiarity with database programs
- Full time position based at GOPAC’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia
- Travel required for meetings and events
- Work hours are more than a standard work week and includes periodic evenings and weekends
Bachelor’s degree required
GOPAC offers a competitive salary based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume to Taylor Mullon at firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls.
The information listed above is not comprehensive of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.